Monday, November 22, 2010

Cream Cheese Lemon Pie

I continue my adventures and forays into what I call "cuisine Americana" - defined by good tummy-filling food without any pretension. If you watch Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, you'll know what I mean. It's just real tasty food and usually obtainable at a drive-thru. The Boy's philosophy of cuisine Americana is this: Peanut butter, cheese, bacon or chocolate - just add any or more of the above, and it will be yummy. I buy that!

On the same note, I discovered yesterday that Dairy Queen makes really good popcorn chicken. =)

So, my friend, Michelle, has a superb recipe for an all-American pie that I want to share with you here.

Cream Cheese Lemon Pie

8 oz cream cheese
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla

1 graham cracker pie crust

*****

In a mixer, fold all the filling ingredients together until a smooth texture is achieved. Pour the filling mixture in the pie crust and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours. And that's it, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment